The United States Postal Service is proposing a new rule regarding what kind of merchandise can be included inside a Marketing Mail piece, which is the new name for the standard/nonprofit mail category. Mail pieces that would not comply with this new rule would have to be mailed at a different and higher rate. [NCDC]
More need-to-know news:
- IRS Finally Issues New Regs for Charitable Gift Appraisals [WealthManagement.com]
- Fixing tax reform and charitable-giving incentives [The Hill]
“America’s nonprofit sector has steadily grown over the past century, which has left a lot of people hesitant to start new nonprofit organizations and uncertain about the future of their already-existing ones.
“In a new study titled “A Field Too Crowded? How Measures of Market Structure Shape Nonprofit Fiscal Health,” a group of scholars set out to answer the question of whether or not there are too many nonprofits in the U.S.—or, more specifically, whether having more nonprofits competing for funds in the same place affects their financial health.” [NonProfit Hub]
More emerging trends:
- Charities are losing out from competition in paid search [Charity Digital News]
- Reaching 4 generations of donors [Results Plus]
The 2018 NCDC Conference and Exposition is only a few weeks away, but there is still time to register for this premier fundraising experience. Check out the Conference homepage for a full schedule of events and to register.
TIPS & TACTICS
“Just like everything else in this futuristic world, the fundraising industry becomes more high-tech every day. From online donation portals to text-to-give platforms, nonprofit organizations — big and small — are using mobile fundraising technology to raise more for their efforts.
“To help your organization get involved with this trend, we are offering some best practices on how to get the most out of mobile bidding technology at your next event.” [The Catholic Fundraiser]
More tips and tactics:
- Confessions of a could-be donor [Big Duck]
- How to start a successful major donor club in 7 simple steps [Philanthropy Daily]
- NOW Is The Time To Prepare For Your Year-End Appeal Acknowledgement Process [Bloomerang]
- 4 Ways Nonprofits Can Win With Email This Holiday Season [NonProfit Pro]
- Donor Data Is at Risk in the Nonprofit Sector: What Can Be Done? [NonProfit Pro]
Catholic Relief Services aids victims of monsoon flooding in India [Catholic News Agency] - Featured member: Catholic Relief Services
Inspirational insight of the week:
“Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you."
– Saint Augustine