Tax Reform Signed into Law
President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law on Friday. We are continuing to study how this will impact nonprofits and will follow-up with further information next week.
More on Tax Reform:
- What Made It Into Tax Reform? [Alliance for Charitable Reform]
- The Finish Line: Tax Law Update 12/22/17 [The Sharpe Group]
- Trump signs tax bill into law [The Hill]
- Nonprofit Trends for 2018 and Beyond [Nonprofit Pro]
- 13 Fundraising Trends and Best Practices You Need to Know in 2018 [True Sense]
- 2018 Fundraising Trends: Our Executive Team Looks Ahead [Campbell Company]
TIPS & TACTICS
Annual reports are required for nonprofit NCDC membership. Here are some tips on creating an effective report.
“Annual reports are incredibly useful in order to feature your organization’s accomplishments over the past year, lay out goals for the years ahead, and thank donors for their generous support. When well-designed and compellingly-written, they can also be much more than that. Annual reports can help bring your donors further into the life of your organization, making them feel special and privy to the ins and outs of your work, and serve as a gentle pitch for further support." [Philanthropy Daily]
More tips and tactics:
- Advanced Donor Stewardship: How to Keep Your Donors Giving Year after Year [Mary Calahane]
- Why Your Segmentation Probably Stinks (and What to Do About It) [Nonprofit Pro]
- Pope Francis: Christmas invites us to be messengers of hope, tenderness [Catholic News Agency]
- A Christmas prayer for (nearly) everyone [America]
- What’s next for religion in 2018? [Religion News]
Inspirational insight of the week:
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
- Isaiah 9:6