“After a year of study, the United States Postal Service has announced what images and subject matter it will allow on computer-generated postage created by Stamps.com, Zazzle.com and other companies.” [Alliance of Nonprofit Mailers]
More need to know news:
- Another USPS lump of coal: Final rule on customized postage [Alliance of Nonprofit Mailers]
- The Problem With “Measurable Impact” [Philanthropy Daily]
“If you want to be successful, then your nonprofit’s fundraising approach needs to adapt and innovate.
The stakes are high.
If you stick to the same old same old strategies, you will probably see declining revenue and shrinking numbers of donors.” [Fired Up Fundraising]
More emerging trends:
- Why Don't America's Rich Give More to Charity? [The Atlantic]
- 10 Emerging Trends in Online Communications and Fundraising to Watch in 2018 [NP Tech for Good]
- Valuable Fundraising Lessons We Learned in 2017 [NP Engage]
TIPS & TACTICS
“…51 percent of people visit a nonprofit’s website through a mobile device, while the click-through rate for text messages is 36 percent and click-through rate for email is 7 percent.
Here are Social Brite’s tips for attracting and keeping donors through text messages.” [Nonprofit Pro]
More tips and tactics:
- 17+ Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2018 From the Pros [Social Media Examiner]
- The Best Nonprofit Social Media Campaigns of 2017 [Nonprofit Hub]
- 7 Essential Matching Gift Steps to Take in the New Year [NP Engage]
- Simple Ways to Analyze Nonprofit Email Performance [NP Engage]
- 2018 Cause Awareness & Giving Day Calendar [NP Tech for Good]
- Our response to the gift of Jesus? – ‘Thank you,’ Pope says New Year’s Eve [Catholic News Agency]
Inspirational insight of the week:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
- 2 Corinthians 5:17