Tax Reform: What Now?
Catholic fundraisers are beginning to analyze the potential effect the tax reform legislation will have on their organizations.
“The challenge now is for charities to take a positive approach in donor communications and provide an “antidote” to negative perceptions based on a broad-scale misunderstanding of what the final results of the new law are,” said Robert F. Sharpe, Jr. of The Sharpe Group. “Wise charitable organizations will help donors understand the benefits of these changes, as opposed to solely the adverse consequences that could have been brought about by early versions of the law.”
More need to know news:
- Nonprofits Must Move Swiftly to Fight for Sound Public Policies [Chronicle of Philanthropy]
- Charities trying to gauge impact of federal tax reform on giving [Detroit Free Press]
- Big Changes for Google’s Ad Grants Program in 2018: What This Means for Your Nonprofit [Nonprofit Quarterly]
- The Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Nonprofit Salaries [Nonprofit Quarterly]
“What fundraising trends can nonprofit organizations expect to see in 2018? Gesture has analyzed data from many sources to come up with a list of the top 9 trends that nonprofit organizations should keep in mind when planning their fundraising and marketing efforts.” [Gesture]
More emerging trends:
- Stop Complaining and Take Steps to Raise More of this Money [Amergent]
- How The Top 10 Philanthropists Of 2017 Are Reshaping Giving [Fast Company]
- 2017 Was a Banner Year, With 3 Gifts of $1 Billion or More [Chronicle of Philanthropy]
TIPS & TACTICS
“You’re still catching your breath from yearend fundraising efforts. But Q1 is here so it’s time to start thinking about what your development operation should be doing when everyone returns from the holidays. Here are three ways to make a strong development start in the new year.” [Philanthropy Daily]
More tips and tactics:
- How to save time and raise more funds by harnessing repetition [Future Fundraising Now]
- Nonprofit Major Donor Fundraising A B C’s [Clairification]
- Expert Tips: How and when to engage with first-time donors [Network for Good]
- Reversing course, FEMA allows religious groups to receive disaster aid [Catholic News Agency]
- Facebook bias crippling Catholic ads, critic says [Catholic News Agency]
Inspirational insight of the week:
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
- John 16:33