“In the wake of new tax policy, many professional advisors anticipate their wealthy clients will reduce their giving. Contrarily, the majority of high-net-worth Americans intend to maintain the same level of philanthropic giving this year, according to a report released Thursday by U.S. Trust.” [Barrons]
More need-to-know news:
- House passes measure blocking IRS from revoking churches' tax-exempt status over political activity [The Hill]
- [OPINION] Obsessively auditing charities stops them from doing their job [Philanthropy Daily]
- Postal Service to double capital spending over next decade [Federal News Radio]
“Everyone who has worked on lots of planned gifts from Baby Boomers, hold up your hands.
“Just as I thought.
“Sure, there are gift plans that fit. Lead trusts in some cases. Term-of-years CRTs. Deferred payment gift annuities. Virtual endowments.
“The writer hasn’t seen more than a few window shoppers and at most only a couple of buyers among Baby Boomers.” [The Sharpe Group]
More emerging trends:
- Why Millennial Leaders Are Driving For Business Purpose Over Profit [Forbes]
- “Persistence pays off”: research on congregations’ economic practices [LillyFamily School of Philanthropy]
- Advisors, Clients Talking More About Charitable Giving [NonProfit Times]
Hard copies must also be received by Thursday, July 26.We want to see what you, the Catholic fundraising community, are doing and let it shine before all! Click here to view entry guidelines and more information.
TIPS & TACTICS
“These days, there’s so much interest in new channels and the latest next “new shiny thing,” but did you know that there’s one medium you use everyday that has evolved tremendously over the past few years?
“That medium (the one that you’re holding in your hand right now or the one that’s very nearby!) is the ultimate key to retaining your donors: it’s your phone!” [The Catholic Fundraiser]
More tips and tactics:
- 4 Ways Church Giving Kiosks Boost Donations [Church Tech Today]
- What Major Gift Success Looks Like [NonProfit Pro]
- A Beginner’s Guide to Planned Gifts [Nonprofit Hub]
- Lead Your Nonprofit from Vision, Not Mission [Bloomerang]
- Why Acquisition Should Be a Top Priority [NonProfit Pro]
- Boost Your Fundraising Events with Text-to-Give [Network for Good]
US bishops conference approves project funding for Africa, Eastern Europe[Catholic News Agency]
Inspirational insight of the week:
“A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows."
– Saint Francis of Assisi