At the end of a year, there is a natural inclination to reflect on the previous year’s accomplishments and look forward to what is to come in the new year. At NCDC, 2018 was filled with compelling content, a rejuvenating and inspiring Conference and Exposition, and countless conversations with members about their trials and successes in fundraising.
As we enter a new year at NCDC, join us as we briefly revisit the highlights of 2018 and explore the trends to watch in 2019. Read on for a sneak peek of what we plan to focus on in the coming year!
Highlights of 2018
If we look back at what we learned last year, we can see where this new year will take us. NCDC’s 2018 Annual Giving Report provides some insight into the growth that fundraising organizations experienced over the year. Here are a few statistics that stand out in the report:
- 67% of organizations saw an increase in major gift revenue
- More than 50% of organizations experienced some increase in the number of new donors
- More than 40% of organizations saw an increase in their average gift size
- 59% of organizations increased their efforts to acquire new donors
- 54% of organizations increased opportunities to donate through their website
In 2018 NCDC provided member organizations with three new eBooks. If you have not already - download each of these digital resources and learn from well-respected experts in the field.
The Art and Science of Retaining Digital Donors - This resource discusses the importance of understanding your donors, to keep them giving year after year.
Real Life Lessons in Multi-Channel Donor Acquisition - This resource highlights the importance of using multiple channels in donor acquisition campaigns, and gives tips to improve your fundraising program.
Neurofundraising — Lessons in Major Gifts - This resource explains the science behind a donor’s motivations for giving, and provides advice for approaching prospective donors.
In addition to the eBooks members also benefited from tips, case studies, and advice from industry leaders through NCDC’s blog - The Catholic Fundraiser. Read the five most popular blog articles from 2018:
- How to Turn Fundraising Event Attendees into Supportive Donors
- Tax Reform: What Now for Catholic Fundraisers?
- How Small Nonprofits can Benefit from the NCDC Conference
- Want to Retain First-Time Donors? Treat Them Like First-Time Church Visitors.
- There Is No Fear In Love: How Development Officers Can Love Donors Into Giving
New Year, New Goals! Fundraising In the New Year
In the coming year, we will see several growing trends in fundraising, and it is our goal at NCDC to provide you with cutting-edge information and assist you in integrating these trends into your fundraising strategy.
Watch out for more information on these important themes in 2019:
- Utilizing Inbound Marketing Techniques for Online Campaigns
- Digital Acquisition for Growing Donors and Revenue
- Understanding the Giving Habits of the Baby Boomer and Millennial Generations
- Maximizing Your Fundraising Events for Profitability
NCDC offers opportunities online and across the nation to learn from trendsetters and thought leaders in these areas. Here are several ways to engage with us and make 2019 your most successful year to date:
Join us for an online webinar and learn about a variety of topics surrounding fundraising, from the comfort of your own home. Topics include senior friendly marketing, neuromarketing, crafting your nonprofit IT security policy, and a crash course in capital campaigns.
Attend a regional workshop for an opportunity to learn from experts in the field and collaborate with like-minded professional colleagues. Topics include strategies for appealing to the Baby Boomer and Millennial generations, advancing your mission through the art of good messaging, and success secrets for growing your donor files.
Keep up with all the latest trends brought to you on our blog, The Catholic Fundraiser, and make sure you look out this year for posts about appealing to America’s wealthiest generation, dispelling myths about Millennial giving, and overcoming obstacles in donor acquisition.
Download the latest digital resources from our library, and watch out for new eBooks coming in early 2019. Topics include: understanding the Baby Boomer generation, donor-advised funds, and measuring success in direct mail.
Connect With Us This Year
2018 was full of great growth and achievement, and we can't wait to see what God will do in your ministry in 2019. We look forward to connecting with you in this new year and are excited to help you advance your mission!